Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Let's Do Some Blog Cleaning

Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Hey Beaut!


    I am changing some things on this wonderful piece of internet. Since the beginning of the year (and probably before then) I have had a feeling that once I started this blog it would become more than I imagined. However, in order to get it to where I want it I have to do some house cleaning and FOCUS on ONE THING. I tried to do the 'lifestyle' blog thing, which was basically my excuse for not owning up to having a specific niche, and it has failed horribly (in my eyes). I don't really care to talk about beauty products and fashion trends (there are enough blogs that do that) and I'd rather enjoy reading those and OCCASIONALLY talk about those things.



So, with this early spring cleaning, I have audited my posts (all 10 of them), and realized that I do well with talking about life and empowerment (insert birth of the empowerment blog). It comes natural for me and that's probably why I've always done well in giving advice or just listening and providing insight. I am a fan of seeing others find their purpose so I know that is one thing I am here to do. I have really been inspired lately by the work of Courtney Sanders of Think&GrowChick. Check out her website, it is AMAZING. She has a really awesome workbook as well as several podcasts to help you along the journey of discovering YOU. Be sure to check it out. I will be revamping the blog but hang in there with me...it will take some time.

So what do you have to clean up or reorganize in your life? Let me know in the comments below.



Don't forget to...


Own Your Beaut!

5 comments:

  1. Finding your place in the blogosphere is tough. When I first started, I was a fashion/style blogger, then I ventured into celebrity gossip blogging and did that for a year, and then I was doing a mix of culture/entertainment/lifestyle blogging, and finally I decided to blog purely about my personal lifestyle. It's easier for me and more authentic. Congrats on deciding on what you want your blog to be about. There's certainly a growing market for empowerment/motivational blogs because everyone seems to be about positive-thinking and entrepreneurship these days.

    Drea | thedreadaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Drea!
    I knew finding my niche was going to be tough. I was blogging in a way where I could stay distant and I knew that's not what i wanted to do. The blog will still be named the same because it holds sentimental value and it really is the best thing I could come up with. I think I will do a blog post specifically about the name, who knows. I have seen that the 'empowerment' blog has been on a steady incline and I want to provide a service to my readers however, I will have my own authentic mark.

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, glad to hear that you'll put your own unique twist/mark on it. :)

      Delete
  3. Good for you. I'm a lifestyle blogger so I feel your "niche" pain. I stuck with it though, for good reasons though. Good luck in your journey!

    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great you've figured out your niche and are going to roll with. I want to do the same.

    I knew fashion and lifestyle blogging is over saturated but I still want to do it. I seriously need to get my apt and car and life in order. I just feel so overwhelmed from work I lack the energy by the weekend to do it!

    I will take a look at the blog think&grow. I was thinking of doing a podcast but I'm not entirely sure how I would do it.


    Xoxo,

    La Deutsche Diva — The Denglisch Blog

    ReplyDelete

The Beaut Blogger © 2014