Sunday, December 7, 2014

Dealing with Change

Sunday, December 7, 2014
I have a love hate relationship with change. I love the excitement that ‘newness’ brings. I hate the process that you have to go through. I like my comfort but I know that comfort shouldn’t last long. I’d like to think that I have a routine process for accepting change down to a science. See, I moved a lot growing up and as a result went to 6 different schools (public, private, and home school but that's a different post). I had multiple significant losses - one being my mother, I got married, had a child, and moved to a different country all by the time I turned 26. I know change very well and I'm sure a lot of you have your own stories about change as well.

I’m not a life coach by any means but I'm willing to share my process and maybe it will help somebody out there in this World Wide Web…


Breathe
    You have to breathe and take it all in, otherwise you are going to be frantic. Worrying doesn't do anything but raise your blood pressure and who does that help? You will be ok if you breathe.


Take time to miss what once was
     Ok so your comfort zone has been disturbed, possibly turned upside down. Don't abandon your memories. You've taken a breath so now you can sit down, reflect on what used to be. What did you learn? Chances are you have reached the peak of that comfort zone and it's time for you to move on to the next level. 

Accept the change
      Dear control freaks... I feel your pain. I have learned that you have to accept the change and if you don't like it, fix your attitude and try to see it in a different light. It's no point in hating a change you can't do anything about. I am still working on this acceptance thing.

Find the silver lining
    Change brings about every emotion in the book. Don't let those emotions overwhelm or control your actions. You may have to step back and just chill for a little bit and that is okay. You will find the silver lining and other opportunities that come with the new change.


Let go of the fear
   YOU are wonderfully made, why are you fearful of the change? You are stronger than you probably realize so being afraid is just a trick- don't fall for it. Full steam ahead and tackle this change.  I bet you were afraid of the last change- but did that help? Did it make sense to be afraid? if it didn't then, it probably won't now. Let go and let God handle it. He brought you here and He will get you through this change. It is for your own good.  

Look forward to the next change
    This is an effort to be proactive. Always be ready for what's next while remaining in the moment. You do know that the state that you're in is temporary. Things will change so just be ready.

I hope this helped, I know it helped me to just get it out of my head.

Embrace your change and love life.

Like, Comment, Subscribe, and Follow me on social media!
Twitter: @beautblogger
Instagram: @thebeautblogger
Facebook: The Beaut Blogger Instagram and Twitter.

~Beaut

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely, my biggest problem with change is letting go of fear and cherishing old memories honestly its got the best of me maybe 2015 will change that actually it will. Great post you sound like you've had a really interesting life, and I really like the section on letting go of fear. x

    http://lifetalkslisten.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ola! I hope that 2015 will prove to be a year full of change. I can't wait to share more life experiences.

      Delete
  2. Accepting change is something I'm still working on. I used to lose it when things fell out of my control...until I gave it all to God. I now do like you said and breathe when faced with bad/unsettling news. Thanks for the reminder that we are stronger than we think! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog as well! It's great to connect with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great connecting with you. Controllers unite! ha ha. Letting go is a problem that I am still dealing with. I think it's one of those life long lessons.

      Delete
  3. I definitely think the only constant in life is change and that the best way to deal with it is through acceptance so I agree with a lot of your tips here, particularly finding the silver lining. It's one of my favorite things to do when encountering an obstacle. And like I always say, things like that is what makes life beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, change. It's always necessary for growth. Learning the lesson before the "seasons" change...."comfort zone" mentality had me stuck for an entire year. My bigger change came when I relocated. No, it wasn't to another country, but it was far enough away for people to have to "make a day" out of coming to see me.

    Like Ms. Arie says, the only thing constant in the world, is change. So that's why today I take life as it comes."

    ReplyDelete

The Beaut Blogger © 2014