Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Straight Hair Care Routine

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

So I wanted to do something light with this post. It’s winter time and living in Japan and its harsh water does a number on my hair. I am naturally curly with no chemicals in my hair. I typically do my hair every two weeks when I wear it straight. When I wear it curly I have a different routine, but I’ll include that in a future post. Here are some of the goodies that I use for my straight hair.






I shampoo my hair twice with lukewarm water to make sure I get all of the dirt and debris from my scalp using the Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo.




I condition my hair in four sections and from the ear down to my ends. I use Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Conditioner when I don’t have to do an intense deep condition. I leave it in for about 30 minute to an hour. Then rinse my hair with cold water to close the hair shaft.

**I deep condition once a month during the winter (and more often during the summer). I use the same shampoo and instead of using the conditioner I use the Organix Root Stimulator Replenishing Pak Deep Penetrating Conditioner. I apply this to my ends and also to my edges because they get dry fast.**

Once I am done, I rinse it with lukewarm water to get the majority out of my hair and then I use cold water to seal my hair.


I use a t-shirt to dry my hair until its damp then I apply Herbal Essences Moroccan Me A Miracle 7 in 1 Serum with Argan Oil to my ends.

After I work that into my hair I use my wide tooth comb to separate my hair into four parts and then using the Chi Deep Brilliance Blow Dryer with a comb attachment, I blow dry all four sections as straight as possible.

I use my FHI Heat Technique Flat Iron to flat iron my hair bone straight then I use small and medium size flexirods to set my hair if I want curls or I’ll just wrap my hair and tie it up with a satin or silk scarf.

So that's it. I tend to keep my hair like this for about 2 weeks and then I'll shampoo my hair and wear it curly for about a week or until I want it straight again. 

What tools and products do you use for your hair routine?

Comment, Share, and Subscribe!

~ Beaut

5 comments:

  1. I am currently in the "transition" phase of my hair. I haven't added any chemicals to my hair since April. I am also keeping it braided as much and as long as possible. For my children I use curly kids hair products. So far I'm loving the results! Could you maybe do a post about young boy haircare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to do a post like that. Thank you for the idea. Hope you tune in for it!

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty simple when it comes to hair care. I shampoo with either did osun home made shampoo or herbal essence hello hydration, condition then rinse out, apply my products in the loc method and corn row for the week if I'm not adding in extensions.
    I'm thinking to try a new wash method I read about from a blog who says she got it from naptural99..I'm probably the only natural haired woman who doesn't follow that chic. I try not to get overwhelmed by my hair so this simplicity just helps me achieve that. I used to wash monthly then I switched to twice a month but I'm thinking I will go back to monthly washing. 2015 is the year for more protective styles....OK sorry for the epistle as my friend Clara would say but you totally remind me of livetalkslisten blog. At first I was going to ask her if she began another blog until I saw the post you mentioned having the same name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typo....dudu osun home made shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Organix and found myself using the Brazilian Keratin line when I wanted to straighten my hair. I had some heat damage I had to cut out in 2013 and it too FOREVER to grow out. I haven't straightened my hair in ages. Well since 2014. I employ a completely different method for straightening. I might try the macadamia nut line once I run out of their tea tree line that I have.

    Great post!

    Xoxo,


    La Deutsche Diva

    ReplyDelete

The Beaut Blogger © 2014